WOLF 105.1 & 96.7 - $1,000 Minute - Contest Rules
1. The “$1,000 Minute Contest” contest (hereinafter: the “Contest”) is brought to you by Fox Fur Communications LLC., (hereinafter: the “Contest Organizers”). The Contest runs in Syracuse NY and surrounding counties, from November 11, 2013 at 6am to December 5th, 2013 at 7:00pm (hereinafter: the “Contest Period”). The time frame in which any one grand prize is won (as outlined in prize description) is between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m. weekdays.
2. This Contest is open to all persons residing in Syracuse NY and surrounding counties who 18 yrs of age and older as of the first day of the Contest Period. Notwithstanding the preceding, the Contest is not open to individuals associated with the Contest, including the employees, agents and representatives of the Contest Organizers, (including their respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies), their advertising and promotional agencies,
3. This Contest is also not open to the immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, “immediate family” includes: father, mother, brothers, sisters, children, legal or common-law spouse and individuals with whom such employees, agents and representatives reside.
HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY
4. No purchase necessary. To enter, you must comply with the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules within the Contest Period. To qualify, be the designated caller at the designated time at announced on WOLF 105.1 & 96.7. If chosen as a contestant and, you will be given the opportunity to participate in the $1,000 Minute (“the Contest”). The “host” will ask a series of ten questions in a timed period of one minute. For each correctly answered question, you will be awarded US $10.00. If ten questions are answered correctly in the period of one minute, the prize escalates to a total of a$1,000.00 award.
5. The following grand prizes are available to be won, Any Monday through Friday during the contest period:
5.1 US $1000.00.
6. All expenses other than those specifically mentioned above as included shall be assumed by the winner.
7. There is a limit of one prize every 30 days within the contest period. An ID will be required when claiming the prize.
8. In the event that a contestant competes twice or more within the 30 day lockout period, they will be disqualified and not be eligible to collect any prizes other than that which they were originally awarded.
HOW TO BE DECLARED A WINNER
10.1 Sign a publicity release and liability waiver form (hereinafter: the “Release Form”) sent by the Contest Organizers and return it to them.
10.2 Be available to play the contest at the time of the Contest Organizers choosing at the time chosen by the Contest Organizers.
11. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. In the event the potential or declared contestant fails to comply with any one of the conditions set out above or any other conditions set out in these Contest Rules, the Contest. Organizers reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and if time allows, a new draw for the contestant will be held in accordance with these Contest Rules, until a contestant is selected.
HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE
13. Noncompliance/eligibility. If a potential or declared winner is not in compliance with these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and randomly select further entrants from the remaining eligible entries until a winner is finally declared. Any potential or declared winner, who is not in compliance with these Contest Rules, must so inform the Contest Organizers immediately upon being contacted by the Contest Organizers.
14. Acceptance of prize. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize, or exchanged in full or in part for cash, subject to the section below. Prizes must be claimed within one year of the date of winning, or they will be forfeited in their entirety.
15. Substitution of prize. In the event it is impossible, difficult and/or more costly for the Contest Organizers to award a prize (or part of a prize) as described in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to award a prize (or part of a prize) of similar nature and equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, the value of the prize (or of the part of the prize) in cash.
16. Refusal of a prize. The refusal by a potential or declared winner to accept any prize awarded in accordance with the Contest Rules, releases and forever discharges the Contest Organizers and their agents of all obligations related to the prize, including delivery.
17. Liability limit – use of prize. Each entrant and any potential or declared winner releases the Contest Organizers, their subsidiaries, respective divisions, their parent corporations, their advertising and promotional agencies, their shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (hereinafter: the “Beneficiaries”) from any and all liability for any and all damage, loss or liability suffered as a result of or arising from the entrant’s participation in the Contest or the acceptance or use of his/her prize. In order to be declared a winner and prior to obtaining his/her prize, any potential or declared winner agrees to sign a declaration to such effect in the Release Form. The guest of a winner (or a parent or legal guardian in the case of a minor) will also have to sign such a declaration to that effect in the Release Form, failing which they will not be able to take part in the vacation.
18. Liability of prize supplier. Any person selected for a grand prize acknowledges that upon receipt of a letter confirming the prize, all services to be rendered in connection with their prize become the sole responsibility of the prize OR services supplier a declaration to such effect will be included in the Release Form.
20. Liability limit – running of the contest. The Beneficiaries are not liable for faulty computer components, software, or links; the loss or non-existence of communications capability; or faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible, or erased computer or network transmissions that make it difficult, or render a user unable, to enter the contest; problems with any website or website feature howsoever caused, the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone or network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers; or the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” The Beneficiaries are not liable for any harm contestants may suffer directly or indirectly as a result of downloading any Web page or software or transmitting any information related to entry in the Contest.] Further, the Beneficiaries assume no responsibility for entries lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected.
21. Web site access. The Beneficiaries do not guarantee access to or non-interruption of the Web site during the Contest Period or that it will be exempt from any errors.
22. Modification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest, in whole or in part, in the case of the occurrence of an event, an error or any human intervention that could corrupt or affect the administration, safety, impartiality or the running of the Contest as provided in these Contest Rules.
23. Limit of prizes. In no event shall the Beneficiaries be obligated to award more prizes than set out in these Contest Rules or to award prizes otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
25. Liability limit– participation. Any person who participates or tries to participate in this Contest releases the Beneficiaries from any and all liability for damages which he/she could suffer from participating or trying to participate in this Contest.
26. Authorization. By entering this Contest, each declared winner consents to the Contest Organizers, their representatives to use, at their sole discretion and if required, their name, photograph, likeness, testimonial related to the prize, place of residence and/or voice without compensation whatsoever and that, without limit as for the period of use, in any media and on a worldwide scale, for publicity purposes or for any purpose that may be considered relevant. A declaration to such effect will be included in the Release Form.
27. List of winners. From November 11. 201 to December 5, 2013 a list of winners will be available at the office of the Station Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
28. Communication with entrants. No communication (other than while registering) or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants in the context of this Contest with the exception of selected entrants or declared winner.
29. Personal information. Contestant personal information that is collected in this Contest will be used solely by the Contest Organizers, and their representatives for the administration of the Contest. There will be no communication of commercial or of any other nature, unrelated to this Contest sent to an entrant, unless such entrant gives specific authorization to the Contest Organizers for that specific purpose.
30. Decisions of the Contest Organizers. All decisions of the Contest Organizers or those of their representatives regarding this Contest are final and binding.
31. Jurisdiction. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and municipal laws.